Real Estate agents have to do many things that require a varied skill set. And some of the things we need to do are not difficult to do, but require time. When we are busy, what are some of the easiest things to turn into a system where we can get some help?
- Use autoresponders on your email when you know you will be unable to respond in a timely manner. And leave a specific daily voicemail message if you know you will not be able to return calls during the day. Manage expectations of those trying to contact you.
- Hire a service you can use when you need them. Look for someone in your area who can install signs, make keys, deliver flyers and let in vendors. If there is no one who can do that, maybe that is a business idea for someone in your office. Do you have a teenager who needs money or needs to fundraise for a trip or sport? Make sure they are reliable.
- Work with the same title company as much as possible. When you only have to call one place to check up on all your closings, that saves time. Also, make sure this company is large enough to be efficient when you or your main processor is out of town. Do they have backup help to make sure your clients get great service? Are they a reliable part of your successful team?
- Set up an email system to send out to your clients – one for buyers and one for sellers – during the contract to close period. Send them a general email with what to expect that week for the transaction. Make sure the time frames are clearly described in it. Start with a template and modify it as necessary.
- Set clear working hours and only violate that boundary for specific reasons – like contract negotiations. Keep your non-work hours for other things. And if you don’t have enough time to do it all, we need to discuss moving into another layer of systems.
Start with those that are easy, simple and free or nearly so. Once you have improved some systems, the next level of systems changes will come easier. And when you need an assistant, the systems for them to use will be in place already. Keep improving your business for your life.